In addition to all our installation and maintenance services, Fire Guard Services also provide a full Fire Risk Assessment service with our in-house risk assessors throughout London and the surrounding counties.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 came into effect in October 2006 and replaced over 70 pieces of fire safety law. It is a legal requirement to conduct a fire risk assessment and record the findings if you are:
- Responsible for business premises
- An employer with more than 5 employees, or self employed with business premises
- Responsible for part of a dwelling, where that part is used solely for business purposes
- Responsible for a charity or voluntary organization
- A contractor with a degree of control over any premises
- Providing accommodation for paying guests
A fire risk assessment is required for your business insurance policy cover, and will help ensure payment if a fire occurs.
Fire Guard’s Risk Assessments can help you keep compliant with the fire risk laws
A Fire Risk Assessment is a methodical and thorough assessment of your premises and the activities that are carried out there. Based on your fire risk assessment will be able to conclude how likely a fire is to start and cause harm to anyone in or nearby the premises. The basic aims of a Fire Risk Assessment are:
- To identify fire hazards
- To reduce the risk of those hazards
- We recommend what fire precautions to put in place should a fire start, such as fire alarms, fire extinguishers and emergency lighting
Our service provides detailed reports, complete with colour photographic documentation and a full advisory service, to help you manage risk assessments and remedial works that may be identified. Once completed, we recommend the risk assessment be reviewed on an annual basis. Our fire risk assessors are all IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety & Health) qualified and have over 10 years experience in the Fire Brigade.
We provide Fire Risk Assessments for the all of the London areas including Bedfordshire, Bedford, Hertford, Hertfordshire and Stevenage and as a complete fire protection company we can provide you with the equipment you need such as fire extinguishers and fire safety staff training courses.
We produce PAS79 compliant reports to satisfy the requirements of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
If you would like to know more about our Fire Risk Assessments or indeed any of Fire Guard Services other fire protection products and courses then please fill out our contact form and we will call you back.